If you forgot Netgear Router Password, then it’s a cause of concern. You would have to recover or reset Netgear router password. The guide explains to you how to recover Netgear router username and password.
Stick to this blog if your Netgear admin password not working.
Recovering and resetting both are the same and are held various similar ways. However, if you want to change your Netgear router password, that would require a slightly different procedure.
Steps to reset and change Netgear router password are explained further.
How to recover Netgear router username and password
- Open your computer / laptop and launch a web browser.
- Put the routerlogin.net web address in the address bar of your browser and hit enter.
- You would see a login window. Here, click on cancel. The Router Password Recovery window will appear.
- Now, find your router’s serial number and enter it in the field.
- Hit on Continue. The display to change Netgear router password would appear.
- Choose a new password and enter in the field asking about the new password. We would recommend you to choose a strong password and this time, note it somewhere so that you don’t face the problem again.
- Confirm your password again.
- Choose a security question and its answer too.
- Click on Continue.
Your new admin password would display now.
Perform the steps carefully to Reset Netgear router password or you can get your Netgear admin password not working.
If you have shared your password to many of your friends and some unusual activity is going on your router, you should change your admin password first and then go for any other activity.
How to change Netgear Router Password?
- Firstly, go to the web browser on your computer or laptop.
- Redirect your browser to routerlogin.net web address.
- Hit Enter and click on search.
- Put your username and password in the panels and the basic home page will appear.
If you haven’t changed your password ever, you would have to enter the default username and password or would get your Netgear admin password not working.
- Go to Advanced to change Netgear router password.
- Click on Administration and then on set password.
- Now, type the old password and the new password twice.
- You can make the recovery process easier by selecting the Enable Password Recovery option.
- Click on Apply and your settings would be saved.
And, your router’s password has been changed now.
However if you are getting any kind of obstruction or confusion in how to recover Netgear router username and password or you have forgot Netgear Router Password, you can call us on our toll free number and troubleshoot the bugs getting into your intended task.